Thursday 20 April 2017

Racked & Ready.... The countdown begins!

Today we saw delivery of all our cask ales and the cask racks thanks to Irvings & Co Brewers & The Botley Brewery and Upham Brewery for their prompt deliveries. Our normally mundane Park Room was transformed into a 24 cask super bar within 2 hours. We had a great team today who volunteered their time to get the racks built and loaded.

The spiling was completed and there was a bit of spray from the more lively barrels (ceiling painting may be in order again this year and I think dear reader, as it was my barrel that decided to spray, it will be me doing the painting!) Must say a huge thank you to the Delme Arms and The Wicor Mill pubs for supplying us with the spiles as otherwise it couldn't have happened!

Tomorrow is tapping day with Ben from Upham Brewery who has kindly offered his time to do this for us. I'm sure there will be no more ceiling or wall spraying from this professional!

I left the Community Centre today smelling like a back street pub thanks to some lively casks which shall remain nameless, but apparently beer is good for the hair so I wont complain too much! I can't wait to sample a few of these from a glass on Saturday.

The Prosecco Bar canopy is now finished and ironed and ready to be fitted tomorrow. I have it on great authority that there are some bottles chilling from tonight.

We will have a limited amount of evening tickets available on the door on Saturday so if you are still undecided about coming, you may well be lucky enough to get one. Failing that the Community Centre will be open tomorrow and Friday as usual to take cash, cheque or card transactions for ticket sales and don't forget we can now also take card payments over the phone.


5 comments:

  1. The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information.I hope you will add more posts.I want to send a thank to you. Of course, I wish that you will write and share many posts.
    best-app-currency-converter currency converter box free

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely have wonderful stories. More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    email app download, best autoketing, email with love app

    ReplyDelete
  3. These articles are exactly what I need. Your posts offer advice to me. Thank you for your contribution to the community.
    Free shipping bar shopify app free shipping bar autoketing app

    ReplyDelete

  4. food games
    basketball free game
    soccer games online
    These articles are exactly what I need. Your posts offer advice to me. Thank you for your contribution to the community.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Rats Cooking games
    Ultimate Mega Hoops games play
    Soccer Lob Master games 2019
    this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends..

    ReplyDelete